- Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A., Appellate Attorney
- Donna Eng, P.A., Shareholder
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Law Clerk
- Florida Office of the Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General
- Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney
Donna L. Eng
Donna L. Eng is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Appellate Practice and has achieved an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell. She has also been recognized by Florida SuperLawyers, has been named to Florida Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite” list, and was recognized as a Leader in the Law by the Florida Association for Women Lawyers. Ms. Eng has a broad range of trial and appellate experience that allows her to work on a wide variety of complex commercial matters in both Federal and State courts throughout Florida.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Eng was an appellate attorney at Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A., where she represented financial institutions in over 150 appellate matters in Florida’s District Courts of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court. She previously managed her own law practice focusing on civil and criminal appeals and offered trial and litigation support. She served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Criminal Appeals Division and as an Assistant State Attorney for the 17th Judicial Circuit where she tried over 56 jury and non-jury trials in County and Circuit court. She also served as a federal court law clerk for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, where she managed the chambers’ civil docket.
Ms. Eng actively serves in leadership roles in the The Florida Bar, the Martin County Bar Association the Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court LIV, and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Admitted To Practice
Federal Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Loyola Moot Court
- Loyola Poverty Law Journal
- Phi Delta Phi
Florida State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science
Honors, Awards & Recognition
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Appellate Practice
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Florida Trend Legal Elite (2013, 2014, 2017)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2016, 2017)
- President, Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court LIV, 2017-2018
- Florida Bar Appellate Court Rules Committee, 2016-2019
- Co-Chair, Martin County Bar Association, Appellate Practice Committee 2017-2018
- Co-Chair, Florida Association for Women Lawyers Constitution Revision Commission Committee (2017-2018)
- Panelist, Palm Beach County Bar Association Appellate Practice Committee, “Preservation of Error for Trial Lawyers” (June 2017)
- Leader in the Law, Florida Association for Women Lawyers (2015)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Appointed to Florida Bar Appellate Court Rules Committee for a 3 year term (2016-2019)
- Martin County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Appellate Committee (2016-2017 and 2017-2018)
- Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court LIV, Executive Board member (Mentoring Committee
- Co-chair (2012-2013 and 2013-2014), Programming Co-Chair (2014-2015 and 2015-2016),
Membership Co-chair (2016-2017), President Elect (2016-2017)
- FAWL; Executive Board, Journal Director/Editor (2016-2017); Constitution Revision Commission Committee (2017-2018)
- FAWL, Martin County Chapter, Executive Board, (2016-2017, 2017-2018)
- We Are Dwyer Foundation (member since 2014)
Published Works & Presentations
- Donna L. Eng and Scott Konopka, “Is F.S. 732.703 Susceptible to a Constitutional Challenge by a Former Spouse Whose Claim for Benefits is Denied?” (Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 91, No. 5, May 2017)
- Donna Eng, Roy E. Fitzgerald III, and Gregory S. Weiss, Online Defamation: Do Hyperlinks Constitute Republication for Florida Defamation and Trade Libel Claims? Fla. B.J., Vol. 90, No. 5.
- Pretrial Restraint of Assets: Lawful Governmental Interference with the Right to Counsel of Choice?, Florida Defender (Vol. 25, No. 3, Fall 2013).
- The Viability of an Insanity Defense in Federal Revocation Proceedings, Florida Defender (Vol. 24, No. 4, Winter 2012).
- The Unsettled State of Pregnancy Discrimination Claims Under the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, Florida Bar Journal (Sept. 2012).
- The Importance of Federal Habeas Review as a Means to Challenge Florida’s Death Penalty Sentencing and Drug Possession Statutes, Florida Defender (Vol. 23, No. 4, Winter 2011).
- Battling International Piracy of the Copyright Industries through NAFTA, 2 Loy. Intell. Prop. & High Tech. L. Q. 4
- George L. Kenney v. HSBC Bank, No. 4D13-4165, –WL — (Fla. 4th DCA July 22, 2015).
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Morcom, 125 So. 3d 320 (Fla. 5th DCA 2013).
- Hidden Oaks Condominium Ass’n Inc. v. U.S. Bank, N.A., as Trustee for Mastr Asset Backed Securities Trust, 2006-HE2, No. 5D13–2727, 2014 WL 1870991 (Fla. 5th DCA May 6, 2014).
- United States v. Francisco Torres Rodriguez, 511 Fed. Appx. 866 (11th Cir. 2013) (unpub.).
- State v. Cameron, 837 So. 2d 1111 (Fla. 4th DCA 2003).
- Aurigemma v. State, 801 So. 2d 982 (Fla. 4th DCA 2001).