If you need an alternative fee arrangement, whether a pure contingency case or some hybrid arrangement, let us know. We are available for a confidential consultation at no-cost to you, to determine whether the Firm can meet your particular needs and to discuss an acceptable fee structure.
Generally, as with most larger firms and commercial litigation boutiques, we work on an hourly fee basis utilizing our standard billing rates. However, to best suit the financial needs of all of our clients, in addition to traditional hourly fee arrangements we are willing to discuss and consider alternative fee engagements. For example, in some cases we will agree to perform our work at reduced hourly rates or a flat sum fee paid in advance, with a contingent fee bonus based upon our performance and the results obtained. In select cases, we will represent clients solely on a contingency fee, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a recovery for the client.
In determining the appropriate fee arrangement, we consider the nature of the matter, the amount in controversy, and most importantly, the needs and desires of the client. All such arrangements are unique and based upon our thorough evaluation of your case and the entry into a written fee agreement.
We look for opportunities to take cases on a contingency basis when litigating intellectual property disputes; probate, trust and estate litigation; construction litigation; professional malpractice; employment issues; securities, real estate, and other business disputes; and appeals, among other matters. A contingent or hybrid fee in such cases affords a client downside protection, and affords the firm a financial reward when we achieve results for our clients.
Past contingent fee cases include the following:
- Represented hospital district in legal malpractice action against its former legal counsel
- Represented beneficiary of trust in action for breach of fiduciary duty and other claims against co-trustees
- Represented investors in Madoff-related feeder fund claim against a major brokerage firm
- Represented a former partner in claim for breach of contract when company breached his buyout deal
- Handled securities arbitration for beneficiary whose inheritance was mismanaged by an investment advisory firm and brokerage firm
- Represented judgment creditor in bankruptcy and garnishment proceedings, and on appeal